Wednesday 6 May 2009

Two New Caches Set


Our Jeep Challenge was unfortunately muggled a while ago so we were keen to put out a replacement.


We'd been in contact with some cachers in that area who work the land there and despite them asking around, no-one was admitting to taking the cache. They have their suspicions though!

Anyway, between us we developed an idea for a replacement cache in a place that should hopefully never get muggled, yet not too far from where the old cache was. Some special equipment needed to be made as this was part of the fun of getting the cache.

All was ready at the end of the weekend so I popped over with a replacement cache and set it all up, giving the special equipment a final run-through to make sure all was spot on. It was!

While I was in the area, I went off to explore another place just down the road called Hundred Steps. A great location for a cache too - after going down the ancient steps, there is a lovely bridge over the River Roden with lots of wild garlic and a small waterfall. I had a cache with me so hid the ammo box nearby.

When I got home later, I made the final adjustments to the Jeep Challenge 2 - The Rescue cache page (which I'd already set up over the last few days) and set up a cache page for the other new cache.

Both caches were submitted and Deceangi was on good form as they were both published within something like 10 minutes of being submitted.

Now to wait to see who will be FTF...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP