Friday 29 May 2009

A new cache found and we finally meet the Shropshire Seekers

I was just settling down for the evening after work when up popped some new caches in Baschurch. Hmmm - too hard to get to to go and find them now as it's narrow, windy country lanes virtually all the way.

Then two new ones popped up in Stafford. Tempting, but still a bit far so they will wait for another day.

Next, one pops up in the same quarry at Nivek's old cache and the new Telford Bookshelf cache. A nice spot, but not somewhere I really want to be wandering around in the dark.

Finally, a nice easy cache in Shawbirch pops up. That's more like it. I was still not convinced as the sofa was *very* comfy but was chatting to Allun (from the Shropshire Seekers) on Facebook and he said he was going, so I thought it would be a good chance to finally meet him.

Off I set, but suspected Allun had quite a head start over me (especially because I had to almost go past his house on my way!). I was soon parking up opposite the pool and had just got out of the Jeep when Allun pulled up behind me. He'd already got FTF and was on his way home when he spotted me arriving.

I went off to find the cache and made it harder than it needed to be as I wandered off into some brambles (ouch!) before spotting a much easier hide. Afterwards, myself and Allun stood chatting about caching until it was nearly dark and we both headed off home.

YAPITIDNKA - Yet Another Place In Telford I Did Not Know About.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP