Thursday 7 May 2009

Atcham and Harmer Hill - Two FTF's


I was just about to settle into work this morning when I spotted two caches published, both 16.8 miles from home and in great locations. The sun was shining and it would not take *that* long to go and find them...


I went for the one in Atcham first. This is a replacement of a now archived Shropshire Church Gem cache and is in a fabulous location, by the historic church on the banks of the River Severn.

I parked by the nearby pub and had a short walk into the churchyard and a quick find. A great cache container too - I now know why the cache is called what it is (Grabbed By The Ghoullies)!

Next, I drove round Shrewsbury and up the Ellesmere road to Harmer Hill. We'd done a cache at the north end of these woods ages ago but had not been to the part of the woods this cache was in.

I parked to the south and walked up a permissive footpath to the woods and then scrambled up the side of the hill to the top, taking a direct route as I could not see where the path going to the top was. Once at the top, I walked over to GZ for an easy find with spot on co-ords.

Absolutely loved this location as the views all round and great and the woods are very well kept with lots of paths to explore. I had quite a wander round exploring the woods before heading back to the Jeep and homewards to get some work done.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP