Tuesday 24 March 2009

2 FTF's today!


Two new caches came out last night that were not too far from home.


This morning it was such a nice day I thought I'd pop out to go and look for them. We've all but given up chasing FTF's seriously but we thought we might be in with a chance.

On the way to the first one, I had a PAF call from a cacher stuck on the Charter's Moss cache on the Witton Weavers Way in Lancashire. I described where we'd found it and he still could not find it. I then realised I'd seen a co-ord change notification email for that cache this morning. I asked if they had mobile net access (they had not) so I offered to look it up and get back to them. This I did and they soon found it :-).

My good deed for the day done, I was just about arriving at the parking location for the first cache, at Cop Mere near Eccleshall. I had a lovely walk over the fields at the side of the mere to GZ and an easy find - FTF too. It was the first cache by this cacher and a nice one too!

A short drive southwards and I was parking up for the second cache. This cache is by a new cache setter who seems to always hide the caches on private land. This one was no exception and I had to sneak down a track I should not be on and into some woods I did not think I should be in, all in order to bag the cache. It was another FTF.

Just up the road was one final cache. We'd actually already found this one, but the cache owner thought it was missing and archived it. When they realised it was still there, they set it up as a new cache, so we had to go to the same place, find the same box to claim a new find.

Then, it was a short(ish) drive back home, via our Behind Enemy Lines - Hinstock cache, which had had a DNF on it. Sure enough, the cache was still in place and nicely hidden.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP