Tuesday 6 January 2009

Some new local caches to find


We'd just got back from a great day out caching around Wrexham and Chester on Saturday night when up popped 9 new local caches. Unfortunately we were still warming up from the day out so did not want to dash out into the cold again and we had family commitments the next day so no chance of going to find the caches then.

Monday morning arrived and it was a crisp, clear, but very cold day - perfect for geocaching.

I set off and tackled a series of 4 along a Public Footpath to the south of Shrewsbury first. I could not spot the first one quickly so went off to find the others and came back for an easy find in a place I'd not thought to look - doh!

After that, there was another new one about 0.35 away down another bridleway which no-one had logged yet. Could I be in with a chance of a FTF?

I was soon at GZ and looked all over the bridge but could not spot the nano. I was wondering about two words in the hint and what the cache owner meant with it and decided to try another tack. Sure enough, I was right and there the cache was, hidden in a place I'd not thought to look before. Even better, I was FTF :-).

After that, it was a short drive down to Cound and four more caches, including two at a Nature Reserve I did not know existed, despite driving past the other side of the hedge on the main road many times.

A very satisfying couple of hours and 9 finds to boot.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP