Monday 7 September 2009

More Big Cats Trail and Jeep Safari caches

On Sunday it looked a nice day and I had a few hours to kill so I decided to head over and finish off the Big Farmer Giles caches so we then had all the details to work out where the final bonus cache was. We'd then have to tackle the bonus cache on another day.

I started off on another Puzzle cache, which was in essence a Multi as you had to find a micro which then lead you to an ammo box. The co-ords for the micro were in another cache in the series and hence the fact it's classified as Puzzle / Unknown cache type. The micro was an instant find as we used to have a stage of one of our multi's hidden exactly like this. The final cache then took a bit of finding as it was hidden in a very unusual way for an ammo box. I can't say any more here as it would spoil it for those who have not done the cache.

Next, it was off to find the final of another multi. We'd found the first two stages of this yesterday but run out of time to find the final cache. Today it was like doing a Traditional as I went straight to the final cache location. I saw a very obvious (but sneaky) place for a cache but discounted it as I did not think anyone would hide a cache in that sort of place. After exhausting all other possibilities, I thought I'd take a sneaky peek anyway and there the cache was! Great when you see a new hide as you don't get to see them that often once you've found a few caches.

Lastly, it was a quick multi along a quiet lane. We'd found stage 1 yesterday but I'd forgotten my notes today so could not remember the co-ords that were in stage 1. Not a problem as it was easy to start the cache from the beginning again and I was soon searching for the final cache. I'd seen a note about bees coming out of a hole in the hedge (the cache is in a hole in the hedge) so after a quick and nervous check of various places, I opted for the sensible route of calling the cache owner for more detailed instructions as I did not want to accidentally disturb the bees. A quick find then ensued.

Now back home in time for dinner and some pondering over what to do with the 64 individual clues we have collected in order to work out where the bonus cache is!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP