Tuesday 11 August 2009

A clear up of new caches


While we'd been away at the Mega Event at the weekend, four new caches had come out in our FTF dash zone near(ish) to home. The weather was perfect today so I set off to do the closest one before work and the rest after work.


The first was only 4 miles from home so a very short drive. I was soon walking down the track to it, which ended up bush-whacking through head height ferns to get to GZ. I guess this path does not normally get much use! Thankfully the cache was a nice quick find once I'd got to GZ - a nice hide too.

After work, I set off for the rest of the new caches. The first was a really unusual ammo box hide and had me stumped for a short while. Great views over to the Wrekin from GZ.

Next, it was round the Telford ring road to Holmer Pool. I parked quite close to the cache and enjoyed the walk down to it, with glorious sunshine for a change. The cache was a quick find.

The last cache was a Staffordshire Church Gem and just off the road from Newport to Newcastle. I parked up but noted the a gardener looking after the church grounds not far from the cache. I had a quick poke around for the cache - it was in holly and ivy on the road side of the church hedge, so just out of sight of the gardening muggle.

I could not spot it and was worried about the gardener spotting me, so opted for a PAF to get the cache quickly found.


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP