Friday 7 August 2009

2 FTF's near home


I'd just finished for my lunch today when I spotted a couple of new cache notifications that had just arrived. Both of them were within a couple of miles of home so I just *had* to go and try to find them.


The location was familiar as there used to be a cache hidden in the woods just behind one of the new caches. I'd actually dashed out for FTF on that one in the dark ages ago, so it was really nice to come back here in the daytime and actually see what it's like.

As I parked up I spotted another car there and hoped it would not be another cacher. I did not recognise the car, but you never know...

As I walked down the track to the first cache, I could see a dog walker coming the other way. It looked a bit like Paul from Izzy and the Lizard King from a distance but it turned out to just be a guy walking his dog - phew!

I soon arrived at the first cache and had a nice quick find - I was FTF :-).

I carried on along the track to the next cache and had another easy find - another FTF too. Good stuff!

I was thinking away to myself on the way back to the Jeep that this area is ripe for a nice circular walk of caches as it's lovely countryside and the paths and well maintained and not the usual Shropshire non-existent Public Footpath. Maybe someone will put a series out here (nudge, nudge if you are local and reading this ;-)).

I returned home for some well deserved sandwiches.


  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP