Saturday 27 June 2009

FTF opportunities close to home


On Friday morning, I was just about to settle down to work for the day when I spotted 8 new caches very close to home, along the route of the old Wellington to Market Drayton railway line.


I was soon at the first one, which was the most southerly in the set. I'd missed FTF by about half an hour - greygeeza had beat me. I assumed he would be working his way up the series, so with him not being far ahead of me, I decided to head straight for the top of the series and work backwards in the hope of getting at least some FTF's.

The top cache was at the side of Morrisson's car park in Market Drayton, by the site of the old town station, which is now derelict ground. It took me quite a while to get the cache as there were shopping muggles everywhere, hindering my search.

Next stop was by the main road at Tern Hill. GZ was obvious and a quick scout around revealed nothing, so I checked the hint. I was just trying to make sense of the hint when Mark from cannonedwards pulled up. Great to see you again Mark. We combined our efforts but still could not spot the cache.

Then, we spotted Wild Goosey walking up. Great to meet you at last. We then re-searched all over before the penny dropped about the very tricky hint and so we concentrated our efforts where the hint said, but still could not spot the cache.

Eventually Mark and myself gave up, so left Joni searching on her own as she was determined to find it. As I was pulling off, she waved at me - little did I realise she had just found the cache and was trying to show me. Luckily she phoned me to let me know, so I returned from the next cache for a very easy find.

The rest of the caches were nice and easy and all done in the company of Wild Goosey. The last cache of the morning was a fun one involving a piece of special equipment and an extra sneaky hide.

4 FTF's for the morning. I said my goodbye's to Wild Goosey and drove the short journey home to get on with some work.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP