Wednesday 29 April 2009

A missed FTF opportunity


A new cache came out close to home last night but Mrs Bolas Heathens was out for the evening so there was no chance of me dashing out for a FTF as I was looking after the children and they had just gone to bed.


I resigned myself to going to find it in the morning and was settling down for the evening when up popped a friend of ours on Facebook Chat. They live in the nearby village and had also seen the cache come out and dashed out to try and get FTF, which they did. Well done Shropshire Seekers on your first FTF :-).

This morning, I popped out to get the cache. The cache page mentions how quiet the country lane is that the cache is on. I'd had a quick look for the cache, when a Manitou (sort of like a tractor, but not quite) came down from the direction of the farm and stopped on the lane 200ft or so from GZ. No chance of searching now as I would be in direct view of them.

Then, a herd of cows appeared on the lane, coming from the direction of the farm. The farming muggle in the Manitou herded them into the field by where he was parked, before standing around (for what seemed like ages, but probably wasn't more than a couple of minutes) to chat to his colleagues.

Eventually they all went on their ways and I was free to search for the cache again. It still took a few moments to spot though as it's hidden at the base of quite a dense hawthorn hedge which is prickly and there are nettles starting to grow under it. I've emailed the cache hider to suggest they might move the cache a little as there are also two birds nests in the hedge not far from the cache.

A fun little trip out and a nice spot for a cache.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP